The gift of memory is an awful curse.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Words I never said.

We attended the same event,
a long while since we last saw each other,
we barely even said hi,
we did what we had to do,
we were both at the after party,
drinking with everyone else,
Our past unknown to all else but us,
I took a chance,
said I missed you,
even kissed your cheek,
everyone fell asleep,
everyone but me,
I sat out in the cold,
in the silence,
when morning came I saw everyone awake one by one,
you woke up after a night of drinking and barely any sleep,
you still looked amazing, as always,

We didn't speak,
I don't know if you were looking at me when I wasn't looking at you,
I don't know what was going on in your mind,
if anything about us at all.

you had to go to work,
you left,
I watched,

I said I love you,
but not out loud.

then you were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment