The gift of memory is an awful curse.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Journal Entry - 25/1/11, 2:31am

I lay in bed, staring deep into darkness. In my head I create a scene of you and I...


We are at a lodge/house in some amazing alpine environment. Its night, its freezing, snowing.


We are sitting on either sides of quite a long, and large couch, a fire alight in front of us, our source of warmth and light.


I see you, curled up, comfortable, wearing a beanie, and a thick robe, with nothing but Bonds-Kaleidoscope underwear underneath. You're holding your mug of hot chocolate, with two hands.


You look to the window, past your own reflection, you look deeper, and you see the flakes of snow falling. Its only snowing lightly, you gaze at the beauty of it.


You turn your attention to the fireplace, the flames, the burning wood. You can hear the crackling, again, you stare, taking in the beauty of it.


You turn to me, you realise i've been watching. Your stare, amazing. You smile...that smile I love.


I smile in the imaginative scene.


I smile in real life, as I stare into the darkness.


I cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment